lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Ah....a vacation

A vacation and a wedding are waiting for me over spring break. On saturday I will be a bridesmaid in my best friend Alexis's wedding. I hope my hair turns out okay as I have no definite plans for how to wear it, only one vague idea, which is "up." I am nervous about being in her wedding, hoping that somehow I don't screw it all up. You know, my period could start at any minute during the ceremony and come dripping down my leg, or I could trip and fall, or go out drinking with friends the night before and have huge black circles under my eyes, or get a nosebleed. Anything is possible.

After the wedding I am driving to Tampa where I will wake up at 4am with Issac and my Dad and Lori and her daughter Chelsea and we will eat breakfast and go to the airport for our 7am 4 hour flight to Tuscon, Arizona. Issac and I will spend our vacation in and out of carseats as we drive around the state. We will stay in air-conditioned hotels but only those with swimming pools. I will recline in a white plastic lounge chair. We will go to the petrified forest and the Grand Canyon and swim in Reddington and hike around the desert mecca wearing lots of sunscreen and admiring the boldness of red clay and giant brown rocks. I will take one hundred pictures. I will imagine our life filled with mariachis and rancheros and purple cacti and horses and cattle and sexy lean cowboys and rodeos and the desert and the green valleys that cut through the mountains. The mogollon rim and the pine trees and train-tracks and caves and the clouds that make shadows on the side of the mountains. The fog and the floods and the feeling that it is still 1893.



Here is another poem:

Carnevale

classic americana
is primary colors and a coke
take your pick
of burger king blue
mcD's yellow or KFC red
of gas stations on both sides of the road
if it has flashing lights we will buy it
my mardis gras feast
of french fries
was delicious
served up hot on a big white plate
I slapped the waiter's hand away twice.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home