lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Thursday, February 12, 2004

I've been at school making a crappy website for the last 4 hours. My eyes are blurry and my shoulders hurt. The address of said crappy website is http://plaza.ufl.edu/melferg/webpage1.html if you are curious.

In an effort to try to post something creative on a regular basis, and in an effort to expand my writing abilities, I WILL blog even on days like this. It might be scary, it might be ugly, but it will be here for your reading pleasure. On crappy days like this it will be in the form of a poem, which does not require me to think.

Birdbrain

Oh shit I thought when I saw
the green stripe on your car
I am so totally screwed
I entertained thoughts of
a high-speed chase and
there was a good chance
I could slip down a dirt lane
while you were turning around
never-to-see-you-again
but I am a chicken
and while I was fidgeting my fingers
and pecking at myself
you caught me
and handed me a nasty yellow slip
of paper. Bagock! bak bak bak bagok!


That's right. I got a speeding ticket yesterday morning. $137. 74 in a 55. On the way to the babysitter's. But the good part is that my driver's license is suspended and he didn't notice. So I guess I should be happy.

On the even upper side, I'm having Brian and my Mom and my friend Andrea over for dinner tonight, and dinner is already made, and it is so good: florentine stuffed shells. I love having people over! Come visit me! Please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home