lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Babies....

The innocence of a young child can envelope your soul. I'm sitting at a table in the back of 2nd Street Bakery in Gainesville, FL, watching the most adorable 12-month-old boy. He has wispy blonde curls and pudgy cheeks and his wide-eyed wonder makes my heart want to laugh and sing.

His soft and kissable-looking cheeks, his pudgy limbs, his downy hair, his round face, the innocence and helplessness that surrounds him, his curiosity, and the fact that he stands at the beginning of beginnings makes me smile. It makes me want more children.

The time I spent with Issac at this age seems, in memory, as if it were perfect. Time stopped for a period of two years after he was born. The world could have stopped spinning and I wouldn't have noticed or cared. I was in rapture. His innocence became my own. It was a lot like falling in love. Music was in my ears the entire time.

It's good to remember this.