lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Blah Humbug (Work is taking over my life).


I went to Jacksonville today for work, to hit up some car dealerships and build relationships out of territory. I think my jaw actually hurts from talking so much today: talking to my co-worker all the way there and back, and talking to GMs at the dealerships. I did buy a new car, (2005 Honda Civic, Black, 12 miles at purchase), so the trip was fun (since I still like driving everywhere in my new car).

Charlie tried to help me get a better deal on it by doing research and talking to his ex-car-dealer step-dad. His sage advice to me was to "RETURN THE CAR AND WALK AWAY." I couldn't listen to him, but I want to say thank you, Charlie, for trying to talk some sense into me.

Issac is off on a male-bonding adventure with my cousin Matt. I left twenty bucks in Issac's lunchbox and arranged for Matt to pick him up and go do something "male" together. They are looking at fishingpoles as I speak. This will be a good arrangement for Issac to get some time in with a "man." (Well, if you call 18 years old a MAN). I am happy about the arrangement.



But work is pissing me off. It's a GREAT job, I'm not going to lie. I get to be out of the office, build relationships in the community, learn about marketing, improve my presentation and people skills, and learn about bureaucracy firsthand. Fun. But what is not fun is not living up to all that I think I can be. I am so much more than a salesperson for a regional newspaper. I should be making more money. I should have more time to live my life that I work so hard to support. I should have more time to spend with Issac, who is my family, who is the most important thing in my life. I should be utilizing all of my skills. I'm not.

It's 6:20 pm and I'm still at work. I wish I could update my blog more regularly. So much happens that I'd love to share...so many ideas come and go...it's just that by the time I pick up Issac from daycare and get home and make dinner and clean up and run the laundry and bathe Issac and play with him and brush his teeth and read him a story and tuck him into bed and fold the laundry, I have nothing left.

There's got to be more to living than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home