lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Once Again...

I am up too late. I know it can't be good for my beauty sleep, but I feel this deep, driving urge to get my life in order. That takes priority over the needs of my body.

A girlfriend came over tonight. I fed her pot-roast and potatoes. Then, over tall glasses of chocolate milk, we caught each other up on the events of our lives. Totally stoked that she is going to the Eric Clapton concert in Orlando with me on Friday night! I still can't believe I got lower section tickets at the last minute. Yes!

Then, before tackling the list of receipts and bills I needed to total, I smoked a clove on the porch. It would have been relaxing except for the fact that there was a large dragonfly who kept throwing himself into the porch light, which made a jarring, electric noise each time he hit it and fell to the ground. When I went inside and turned off the porch light, he started flying into the windows.

Then I settled down at the desk to take a look at my finances. I'm horrible at this. It's the first time in two months that I've done it. I'm really trying to improve in this category, because I know my current approach is not very intelligent, which is to get paid every 14 days, know how much is in my account, and then spend it all with complete and total abandon. When the tally in my head gets close to "there's only about $100 left in your account," I stop spending until my next paycheck. Yeah. Like I said, it's not really working for me. Um, I think I need help.

So, in the name of self-improvement (and intelligence), I am keeping all my receipts. Then I am categorizing them so that I can see my spending habits. Until I did this, I had no idea that I was REALLY spending over $300 per month eating lunch at work.

If I was smart, this would be going to a retirement account, or to an asset line.

Grrrr. I'm so stupid. One day, I shall have this all figured out. I hope.

1 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Ziomal said...

Very nice! I like it. john lasseter pixar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home