lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Monday, August 09, 2004

I'm not Superstitious but I Do Get Suspicious...


of Archer city hall, that is. Sometimes it feels good to get proven right, even if it means that the really nasty thing you thought was happening was really happening. It feels good, while simultaneously feeling bad, because it proves that you are not crazy. And the verdict is....(drum roll)... that I am not crazy. I knew those %&^$#s were out to get me. Last Friday, the city tried to hold my paycheck until I put the money from my Leadership Training kids' car wash into the general city account. I told them no way! Are they nuts? This money doesn't belong to them! It belongs to my kids and my program! What are they thinking?

When I told them that Leadership Training Program thanks the city for being supportive, but is not officially affiliated with the city in any way, they tried to scare me by saying that if that was the case then I was going to have to pay back-rent for using the meeting room. And, once again, I told them no! Then they shuffled me into a meeting to see the manager, who I thought I was friends with, and I told him no too! Then he reminded me to just make sure that I keep receipts for everything (duh) and account for every dime (duh) because I could get into a lot of trouble over poor money managment (duh). Then he gave me the check and winked at me.

The ladies at the office were super nice to me today, and tried to pretend like they were never minions in a city-inspired attempt to snatch up control of my program.

I will never understand politics.

What I do understand is that somehow, close observation of Issac gave me the courage to stand up and say "NO," while firmly believeing that nobody could stop me from doing what I wanted.

This one goes out to all the two-year olds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home