lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Friday, August 06, 2004

1)Mini-epiphany. I just figured out how blogger is able to provide this service for free. They get free advertising on the banners. The amazing thing is that they are able to identify what you are writing about and base the advertisement on that. For instance, if I write about God, there is sure to be some Godly advertisement. And if I write about cowboys, there is sure to be some dude ranch advertisement. But what on earth led to the "'Hey, I'm with Stupid' and other hillarious T-shirts Store" advertisement on my banner yesterday?

2) First comment posted! Yesterday someone posted the very first comment on my lonely little blog. Thanks Patrick! The rest of you don't need to be shy. I want to know who all three of my readers are and what they're thinking.

3)Poem

Lies of a Confessional Poet

In June you forsook (insert city) in favor of me
and we strolled through the fields picking blackberries.
The dark juices stained our fingers purple.

Purple fingers on piano keys made
purple fingered melodies,
then, those same purple fingers fell
over our sun-pinkened bodies.

There was no lost religion,
but a new and stronger vision
of love, and only lovers.

The green vein of misunderstanding,
of different time and different place, the lines,
the map on the wall meant nothing.



2 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Tee-hee Patrick. You're funny.

Marcy, I'm doing my darndest to get into the poetry workshop. Which means my plan is to just show up and not take no for an answer. ( I already bought a binder and everything). Hope it works. I agree that concreteness is good, because let's face it, it's no fun to read something you don't understand. Glad you liked it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home