lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Friday, July 23, 2004

A Month of Poetry...
 
 
 
Since I am trying to get into William Logan's Poetry Workshop, and since he wants to look at three of my poems, and since I am  inspired by the prospect of studying under the "most hated man in American poetry," I will dedicate the next month to poetry entries. That's right, nothing but meter and rhyme from now until the end of August. Who cares if they are bad or meaningless?
 
BTW, I read some of Logan's poetry yesterday, and I like him a lot. He's up there in my book with the likes of  Charles Simic and Theodore Roethke. I've heard that he can tear you to pieces in an instant. A very smart man, I've heard he is. He will probably pick on me. I'm not as witty as I'd like to be.
 
 
Logan
 
Exceptionalities are stars that glitter
over blankets of banalities,
yesterday's litter.
 
I'm not as witty as I'd like to be,
I think that he might pick on me,
like a nit in a comb
 
examining my undeveloped form
with his fingers.
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home