lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Saturday, July 17, 2004

It Don't Stop...
 
Meaning me, of course. Right now, it is 1:27 am. Tonight began with a little babysitting for Charlie and Marcy so they could get out for a little while to celebrate Charlie's birthday. Afterwards, I drove to Wal-Mart, where I braved the artificially bright and obnoxious flourescent lights that seem so out of place at midnight. I carried around a sleeping lump of Issac as I gathered posterboard and sponges for the carwash which I have organized with my leadership kids from the camp. We are trying to earn money for some service projects and for their end of the summer fieldtrip. Right now, it's looking like it might rain all day tomorrow, so it might get cancelled again. Makes me feel like I can't possibly get anything right, even though I know it's not my fault if it rains--I'm still taking it personally.
 
Last night, I didn't go to bed until about 12:30 am because Mariah and Shane and I went to the Spindrifter bar to see my Dad's band, The Blues Cruisers, play. They were awesome as usual and we had a great time dancing.
 
Tomorrow I am dropping Issac off with my Dad and Lori to spend the night, and I was looking forward to some down time by myself. But how can I say no to a karoake night on Saturday? And Saturday afternoon I've been invited to a pool party... Sunday is already filled with various church functions and other social commitments.
 
 I'm the kind of person who needs a lot of time, period. A lot of time with people, and a lot of time alone. If I don't get my alone time, I start to feel nervous and strung-out, irritated. I get snappy.
 
I guess this is why I stay up into the wee hours of the morning--to get my alone time-- although there is really no point in it. I can't concentrate or write coherently when I do. Last week I tried writing a blog about "what is love?" and it ended with an analogy about plastic-coated high-heeled hiking boots. Even I didn't understand it the next day, so I deleted it.
 
So forgive me, readers, while I try to get my nocturnal schedule adjusted to give me the optimal amount of relaxing down-time blended with just the right amount of coherence and restful slumber.
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home