lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Personality Profile...

Last year I was messing around on the computer and decided to check out eharmony--the match-making company that claims to have united over one million happy couples in successful marriages or something ridiculous like that. I wanted a free personality profile. It took about 40 minutes to answer all of their questions. I think they did a pretty good job--I agree that I am a happy optimistic person who tries to share my joy with others. What was interesting to notice about myself is that I do crave an audience to perform to. I think sometimes my friends might get annoyed with my antics. But mostly they love them, (I'm sure that they do). Also, it said I have the ultimate salesman personality, which is funny because I worked for a car dealership and absoultely detested it. Salespeople are weasely. I think I could make a good case for selling my beliefs, but I don't think I'll ever be able to sell a product in my life. Oh yeah, it was also funny when it said that strengths are sometimes weaknesses, and therefore it may be possible that I talk too much. Ha! Here is some more of what they said about me, if anyone else is as interested in me as I am:

By analyzing your answers to the Relationship Questionnaire we have created the following Personality Profile. Everyone has a set of subconscious wants and desires that drive their choices and attitudes. By asking you questions about a wide range of emotional issues, this report has established general patterns in your values.

Some of the following information may seem inaccurate or incomplete. Remember, that this profile is a snapshot of your personality at a specific moment. It is not intended as an in-depth analysis of your complete being, but as a tool to aid in self-discovery.


You have a strong sense of humor. You usually know when to lighten a difficult situation, amuse and entertain people.

You have a high trust level for others. Occasionally you may have trusted too much and was "stung" in the process. Your natural optimism, however, tends to pull you out of such slumps.

You have to be with people. This extends into the need to gain popularity, achieve social recognition and influence those people around you. The "bottom-line" is a strong people orientation.

You have a strong feeling of optimism, considered favorably by most people around you. Your perception is that the bottle is half-full rather than half-empty.

You may be rather emotional; that is, one will generally know how you are feeling, whether good or bad, because you let others know your moods easily.


Each person has a unique way of communicating. We use a combination of body language, facial expression, verbal tone and word choice to share ourselves with others. The following statements offer a look at the natural behavior you bring to an interpersonal relationship.

You are a natural communicator. You love to talk, offer jokes and make sure that everyone is having a good time. This trait is especially evident at functions and outings.


You show sympathy to the feelings and needs of others. Your natural empathy style may draw others to you.


One of your great strengths is your ability to communicate and talk readily. Since all strengths may be overused at times, you may sometimes talk too much.


Poised, confident, persuasive and impressive are descriptors for you. You are usually capable of speaking in a comfortable manner.


You can generate enthusiasm in yourself and in other people. Your enthusiasm, often contagious, involves many people in a social activity who might not ordinarily become involved.


You have a natural, outgoing style that some have labeled as the "natural salesperson." You are generally likable, talkative and socially assertive. Your primary intent is convincing or persuading people.

Many different factors determine the communication styles with which you are most comfortable. Some individuals thrive on the challenge of pointed criticism, while others are at their best in a nurturing environment where criticism is offered as a suggestion for improvement. Each of us has a unique set of requirements and preferences. Below is a list of communication styles that will mesh well with your own. Having a partner who understands and practices these traits is important to your long-term happiness.


Move casually, informally.


Plan interactions which support dreams and goals.


Offer opinions and ideas that are stimulating.


Share specific ideas to carry out an action.


Talk about expectations.


Be stimulating, fun-loving, and fast-moving.


Provide personal support and assurance.


Start with a personal comment to "break the ice."


Present ideas softly, nonthreateningly.


Listen sincerely.


Show sincere interest as a person.


Leave plenty of time for socializing and relating.


"In general, human beings are defined by their needs and individuals by their wants. Your emotional wants are especially important when establishing with whom you are compatible. While answering the Relationship Questionnaire you established a pattern of basic, subconscious wants. This section of the report was produced by analyzing those patterns. Our wants change as we mature and obtain our life goals. You may find it valuable to revisit this section periodically to see how your wants have changed.

You may want:


A support system to help you get things done.

An audience to perform to and entertain.

To be measured by the results obtained, not by the manner in which those results were accomplished.

Acceptance in a variety of groups.

Activities involving contact with many people.

Popularity.

A friendly, favorable social environment.

Support of your ideas and dreams.

An outlet to vent your emotions frequently.

No close supervision--you don't want people to hang over your shoulder.

Equal relations with others.

Social recognition of your accomplishments.


Must Haves:
Chemistry...
I must feel deeply in love with and attracted to my partner.
Communicator...
I must have someone who is good at talking and listening.
Sense of Humor...
I must have someone who is sharp and can enjoy the humorous side of life.
Verbal Intimacy...
I must know that my partner is sharing their deepest emotional thoughts and desires.
Emotionally Healthy...
I must have a partner who is emotionally healthy, and able to share a stable life with someone else.
Strong Character...
I must have a partner who is honest and strong enough to do the right thing.
Kindness...
I must have a partner who is gentle and kind.
Conflict Resolver...
I must have a partner who will work to resolve rather than win arguments or conflicts within our relationship.
Loyal...
I must have someone I can count on to always support me.
Family Life...
I must have a partner who is committed to marriage, home, and family.



Can't Stands:
Depressed...
I can't stand someone who is constantly unhappy about their life.
Lying...
I can't stand someone who lies to anyone-especially to me.
Cynicism...
I can't stand someone who generally sees the world from a cynical perspective.
Anger...
I can't stand someone who can't manage their anger, who yells, or bottles it up inside.
Rude...
I can't stand someone who is belittling, impatient or hateful to people in any situation.
Materialistic...
I can't stand someone who sees material items as a measure of success.
Denial...
I can't stand someone who is unable to accept blame or see fault in their own actions.
Boorishness...
I can't stand someone who is inclined to rowdy, vulgar or disrespectful behavior when "having fun."
Sexually Obsessed...
I can't stand someone who is sexually obsessive.
Infidelity...
I can't stand someone who engages in sex outside a committed relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home