lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Let the summer fun begin...

It's official. The vision is coming full-circle. On Friday, I filled out my W-4 forms and signed the loyalty oath on front of a notary--I am now among the ranks of other proud, dedicated, (and loyal) employees of the city of Archer.

That's right, I am the Recreation Director for the un-named camp of kids that congregates each morning on the hot, dry, barren field outside of the old firestation in downtown Archer.

I am the only employee.

But if there were others, I'd be the boss. I am in charge of the volunteers. I make the decisions. I decide what activities we do and how we run things. The success or failure of this program rests solely upon my shoulders.

I answer to no stupid idiots, no incompetent, unprepared, incapable ones.

No, that person is me now.

I am the one who can't get it together, who can't foresee all of the problems that will arise from my schemes, who can't decide which approach to stick with, who is constantly adjusting and readjusting the order and driving my volunteers crazy, changing my mind, running around like a chicken with my head cut off, acting incredibly inefficent and half crazy.

I thought I would like being the boss, but there is no one else to blame when things go wrong.

Which they do.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home