lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Sunday, July 18, 2004

This is just to say...
 
I love paint. The rich, thick pigments. Stirring the paint with the paint stick. The goopy noise it makes when you pour it into the pan.  The sloppy, uncontrollable feeling of it. The irresistable urge to get it all over me. And just for the record, there is nothing more meditiative and relaxing than listening to Mary Black and Sarah Mclachlan while painting walls.
 
I painted the inside of my front door "indigo streamer,", a deep rich midnight blue color. It looks awesome. The only problem is that at night when I walk into the living room, I get a startling feeling that the door is standing wide open. For Issac's room  I selected "autumn red," a deep rusty hue, and "quaking grass," a delicious sage green. I was going to combine the green with "silver blueberry," but felt like it would look to babyish. He is, after all, a growing boy who might use that room far into his middle years. Plus, I need more red in the house, and it matches the rug in the hallway and the quilt that he got for christmas last year.  I like the idea of doing his room in rich forest colors--I've gotten a lot of ideas for decorating his room from Olympic Paint's Natural Splendors pallete, which includes the colors "mountain trail," "tree bark," "emerald forest," "hidden spring," "holly green," "shining star" and "dancing light."  Who gets the job of naming colors, anyways? Sounds like fun.
 
I also bought a stenciling book. I promise not to go crazy with stencils. I'm going to paint the bathroom in the hall light green with the left-over paint from Issac's room and stencil a border around the mirror. If I really get crafty, I want to lay tile over the linoleum in the kitchen and the bathrooms--but I heard that can be difficult to do in a trailer. You have to get some sort of leveling agent because the joints under the floor often shift and move, making the floor slightly unlevel, which will crack the tile or cause the grout to break. The leveling agent sounds cool--it's this expensive goo that you spread over the floor and then it automatically finds a level and dries. It's kind of rubbery so it will adjust with any movement of the floor in a way that is good for the tile. Weird.
 
Issac is with my Dad this weekend, and I slept in until 9:47. Since the summer choir started in 13 minutes, I decided not to go, and so now I am going to go paint some more. Quinn came over last night and mowed my yard, so Issac and I can actually play outside again. Before Quinn mowed, the grass was four feet high. It's nice to take care of my house this weekend while Issac is gone.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home