lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Very Hard To Do, But Worth It...

Placing the juiciest, plumpest, biggest, most purple and perfect blackberry into my mom's mouth instead of my own. This afternoon, Issac, my mom, and I went on a walk and found the very first blackberries of Summer (Spring? Is there even a difference between these two seasons in Florida? Does Summer begin, not in late June, but the first week that the temperature hits 90?)

I have to say, it was amusing to watch a two-year-old pick blackberries. This child of mine has a strong will-power and an unordinary fondness for fruit. We explained to him that blackberry bushes have thorns, and he has to be careful, and he did well at first as he picked the berries off the perimeter of the bush. But as Issac reached into the thorny, tangled interior, he looked like a lab rat in a bad experiment. He would stick his hand into the bush, get poked, jerk his hand back, and say "Ouch!" Then he would do it again. And again. And again. And again...


Other fun things we have been doing: swimming in wading pools, washtubs, buckets, laundry baskets, and, yes, municipal pools too.

Summer has arrived in Florida!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home