lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Friday, October 29, 2004

Freaky Halloween Birds

Can you believe it? Two more birds have found their way into my house. However, this time they were huge blue jays, and they were dead. My door was open when I came home (did the cat open it?) and there was this dead blue jay laying right on the rug in front of the door. I screamed a long shrill: "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!", like a woman being murdered. Then, I whimpered "why me?", collected myself, and used the dustpan to scoop up the dirty fowl and carry it very far away where I proceeded to sling it into the woods. I sprayed the rug with disinfectant (birds carry disease, you know, especially dead ones), vacummed, and tried to forget about it. This was hard to do, because each time my mind wandered it was filled with images of that freaky dead bird staring straight at me with its narly, black beak. Shudder.

So then, to just add to the spookiness, the next morning Issac was playing behind the couch, and he started saying "mommy, mommy, help mommy, help," so I went to see what was the matter and "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
I screamed. There was another dead blue jay (or possibly the same one; Thanks, Lucky). At this point, I think I actually cried. Dead things are so gross. Eeeew.

I'm being haunted by birds. I feel like the freaking raven is after me, shouting "NEVERMORE..SQUAWK...NEVERMORE!" Alfred Hitchcock's birds might as well swoop from the sky and start pecking at me. It wouldn't be much less terrifying, or at this point, unexpected. Damn birds. Leave me alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home