lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Thursday, December 23, 2004

IRON RIVER, MI....

Well, just a quick update because I don't know how long Issac will be occupied. He's become quite the computer tyrant. All I have to say is:

1) We made a safe trip up here to the land of the yoopers (upper peninsula people call themelves "yoopers, short for UP").

2) It's been fun visiting old friends I made up here a few summers ago.

3) Snow is SO MUCH FUN. I've already got knocked over by a sled and I've received a few bruises from the vicious snowball-throwing arm of my 17-year-old cousin Matt. I must say, I've delivered some good blows myself, though.

4) From the top of Stambaugh hill, the town of Iron River looks so idyllic in the evening, with snow covering all the roofs. Just like a little winter village, the kind of village they make into ceramic christmas displays.

5) I invited my deaf friend, Mark, to move down and live with me in Florida for a while. He is an excellent craftsman in the wood industry, making cabinets and furniture. Nobody up here in this small, dinky, ignorant town will hire him, mostly because of the percieved communication barrier. I think he'll fare better in Gainesville. He's crazy about fishing, so I think I might be eating a lot of fish. It will be great to have him around. Maybe he'll build me a shed and some more bookcases...? I can't wait to introduce him to all of you. He's awesome. I've learned so much sign language already!


Merry Christmas to all!

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great blog! Keep it up.
I have a ninja pocketbike site.
It pretty much covers ninja pocketbike related stuff.
Come and have a look if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home