lavenderose

I thought that I might dream today...

Saturday, December 04, 2004

A Short Story and Other Things

1) Minnesota Thaw: Instead of doing homework, I wrote this short story (look at post below). I've been reading short stories from a collection of stories and poems called "Witness." The particular volume I was reading was called "Love in America," and was themed about different people's experiences of love. I guess it inspired me. I sat down and the entire thing poured out in no time at all. I love it when that happens. (Honestly, it's been years). Could my creativity slowly be creeping back?

2) Hungry Cat: Until I collect money from my employers, I'm pretty broke. Lucky ran out of cat food the yesterday. I've been feeding him milk and bread. He's been sitting in my lap for the last hour. He never gives me this much attention. He must be hungry. Or appreciative of the sacrifices I make for him. One or the other.

3) Cool School Play: I saw my cousin Sam's school play the other day. It was School House Rock, Live! Very funny. In the song called "Great American Melting Pot," Sam had a solo, where he said, "America was founded by the English, but also by the Spanish, Dutch, and French!" They did all my favorites like "I'm just a bill," and "Interplanet Janet." I noticed that some of the kids looked embarassed and self-conscious. I noticed that the best actors never looked embarassed or self-conscious, and that the more you over-act, the better it is for the audience. My spanish class is putting on a play Wednesday. Half of it is in Spanish! We've only had three rehearsals so far! I'm so nervous...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home